Welcome to Episode 18 and get yourself ready for a Cynspirational uplift!
Today we are talking about embracing your power and making your vision a reality by harnessing and building the courage within.
The question is, how bad do you want the life you want?
You Can’t Make An Omelette Without Breaking Eggs.
All change, even positive change, is innately uncomfortable, as it requires trading the familiarity of the known for the uncertainty of the new.
You already leapt by choosing to follow your path and turn your back on a conventional way of living. You joined the brave band of entrepreneurs the moment you told yourself ‘I want more’. Starting up a business and sustaining it requires you to build and flex the muscle of courage regularly.
If you are starting your second or third career as an entrepreneur, it IS scary to suddenly realise that everything is down to you. When those whispers of self-doubt start at the back of your mind, it can be tempting to throw in the towel and revert to the familiar (How was THAT working for you?)
For others, and especially women, the issue of leading, being seen as a leader and standing out is very challenging after a lifetime of trying to fit in and conform.
You don’t serve anybody (and least of all yourself) by playing small. It’s time to think about what YOU want. It’s time to get cracking!
Dreams Don’t Work Unless You Do
So what do you want to achieve? Think of all the things that you have ever dreamed of doing or being. Don’t censor yourself. Have some fun with it by allowing your imagination to fly free. There are no limits unless you limit yourself.
Imagine how it feels to be that person who rises to the occasion and lives their life with integrity and fully aligned to their purpose – It feels great.
Don’t think you can do it? I am here to tell you ‘Yes you can!’.
All Our Dreams Can Come True If We Have the Courage to Pursue Them – Walt Disney
Let me share some techniques that you can practice regularly to give your inner warrior the strength and resolve to excel, expect more and elevate your life in every area. Let’s do this!
Your favourite sections of the podcast at these points in the recording so that you can listen again to reinforce your focus
- Know your Why [02:49]
- Confront Your Fears [03:44]
- Trust Your Capabilities [06:56]
- Embrace Uncertainty [08:45]
- Think Big, Start Small [10:58]
- Embody Your Inner Bravery [13:30]
Words to Live By
Action is the only antidote to fear.
Only when your desire for something transcends your desire for safety can you rise above the fears hardwired into you.
When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt. – Honoré de Balzac
A life half-lived is the ultimate tragedy.
You don’t have to see the whole staircase; take the first step. – Martin Luther King Jnr
- What would I do if I were truly courageous?
- When we shine a light on our fears and realise the actual cost of inaction, we loosen the grip fear has on our psyche.
- Within you lies all of the courage you will ever need—to make that change or take that chance—in your work, relationships and life.
- Nothing worthwhile is accomplished with a guarantee of success
- If you find yourself overwhelmed by your dream, focus on what you can do in the next day or week.
- One day, one hour, one daring act of courage at a time.
- It’s far better to be moving forward slowly than to remain stagnant.
- We all have the capacity for greatness within us.
Need more inspiration throughout your week? Don’t forget to check out more episodes on the Cynspiration Podcast.
Connect with Cynthia